KENMORE EAST SCHOLARSHIP BULLETIN
LOG ON TO THE BUFFALO ALLIANCE OF FOR EDUCATION’S WEBSITE AT
, click on to Program and then The Scholarship Connection link and simply
search for scholarship information based on the various criteria. OUTSTANDING STUDENTS OF AMERICA –
- For scholarship information. DISCOVER COLLEGES INC.
– Discover Colleges provides a free private college information service
as well as a $2,500
private college scholarship drawing. Log on to www.discovercolleges.com. 2012 STUDENT-VIEW SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
– Complete a 15-20 minute application survey
about colleges in your area – It’s a random drawing. SUPERCOLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP -
www.SuperCollege.com – for various scholarships
AMERICAN LEGION ORATORICAL CONTEST
The Erie County American Legion if offering its’ annual Oratorical Contest6 focusing on the U.S.
Constitution. Please refer to http://www.ny.legion.org/orator.htm for contest rules and the contest
application. Deadline is NOVEMBER 17, 2012.
STEPHEN J. BRADY STOP HUNGER SCHOLARSHIP
Sodexo Foundation is offering scholarships to all students who have volunteered in stopping
hunger and meets the following criteria:
• Have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer
services impacting hunger in the US at least within the last 12 months.
• Volunteer services must be helping non-family members
• Applicants must obtain a Community Service Recommendation
• All applicants and recommenders must be citizens or permanent residents of the US
Go to www.sodexofoundation.org for an application. The application period will be OCTOBER 5 –
DECEMBER 5, 2012.
RON BROWN SCHOLAR PROGRAM
This scholarship is for an African American senior for $10,000
per year for four years who meets
• Financially needy (not entirely necessary)
November 1st deadline will be considered for this scholarship and forwarded to a select and limited
number of additional scholarship providers.
Applications are in the Career Center and may be obtained from the website at www.ronbrown.org. The
application signup starts SEPTEMBER 1,2012 and deadlines are NOVEMBER 1st AND
CREATE-A-GREETING-CARE $10,000 SCHOLARSHIP
The Gallery Collection is offering $10,000
towards your education plus a $1,000 award for your
in the 6th Annual Create-A-Greeting-Card $10,000 Scholarship Contest. To enter the contest:
• Students must submit a unique photo, piece of artwork, or computer graphic for the front of a
The student with the best design will win a $10,000 scholarship and have his/her design made into an
actual card to be sold in our line. Just go online to 6th Annual Create-A-Greeting-Card $10,000 Scholarship
Contest. Contest submissions accepted from
MARCH 19, 2012-JANUARY 16, 2013.
The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution offers various scholarships to graduating
seniors. There is one application in the Career Center that covers all of the following scholarships.
DAR – NY State
An award of $2,000
is given to assist deserving high school seniors (male or female) in acquiring
a higher education in a college or university in NEW YORK STATE. Deadline to Abigail Fillmore is
DAR – Helen & Arnold Barben
An award is $2,000 ($500 each year for four years)
to financially assist a deserving young
WOMAN in acquiring a higher education. Deadline: JANUARY 10th
DAR – DaMaris Smith Desmone
scholarship is awarded to financially assist a deserving student (male or female) in
acquiring a higher education in UNITED STATES HISTORY. Deadline is JANUARY 10th.
DAR – Olive Whitman Memorial Scholarship
Various scholarship amounts to an NATIVE AMARICAN girl.
ELKS NATIONAL FOUNDATION
The Elks are offering 500
for a total of $2.296 million
scholarships based on:
Lodge Name: Amherst Elks Lodge #1942
Contact Person: Edwin Stuhlmiller
Contact phone/e-mail: 649-4086
Applications can be mailed to:
Mr. Edwin D. Stuhlmiller
6040 McKinley Pkwy.
Hamburg, NY 14075-5419
Amherst Elks Lodge #1942
2805 Elmwood Ave.
Kenmore, NY 14217
Applications are available in the Career Center, or at www.elks.org/enf/scholars. Applications can be
dropped off at the Lodge. - Deadline is DECEMBER 7, 2012
. ELKS NATIONAL FOUNDATION
The Elks National Foundation also provides financial assistance to children of deceased or totally
disabled Elks, who wish to obtain or further their college education. Deadline is DECEMBER 31, 2012.
EMBRACEWNY EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
EmbraceWNY Education is offering a $1,500
scholarship for students who:
• Will graduate form an accredited high school in Western New York
• Have been actively involved in an LGBT/Allies organization during secondary education
Logon to www.glyswny.org for an application to this and other scholarships with various deadline dates. ANNE FORD AND ALLEGRA FORD SCHOLARSHIP
The Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Scholarship is offering 2 (two) $10,000
scholarships to seniors
with identified learning disabilities (LD) who will be pursuing four-year undergraduate degrees. To be eligible for the Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Scholarship, an applicant must:
• Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4 point scale (85)
• Provide most current documentation of an identified learning disability Note: ADD/ADHD or
Asperger’s alone is not considered a learning disability; eligible candidates with ADD/ADHD or Asperger’s must also provide documentation of a specific learning disability
• Be enrolled as a senior in high school with the intention of pursing a 4-year undergraduate degree
For an application go online at Http://ncld.org. Deadline to apply is DECEMBER 31, 2012.
THE GATES MILLENNIUM SCHOLARS
The Gates Millennium Scholars gives various scholarship amounts to students who:
• Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or
• Are a citizen/legal permanent resident or national of the United States
• Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4:00 scale (unweighted) at the time of nomination
• Will be entering a U.S. accredited college or university as full-time, degree seeking freshmen in
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular
• Meet all three required forms (Nominee Personal Information Form, Nominator form, and
Recommender Form) completed and submitted by the deadline
To obtain an application log on to www.gmsp.org. Deadline is JANUARY 16, 2013.
JOHN F. KENNEDY LIBRARY FOUNDATION
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation invites U.S. high school students to various scholarship
information by going on their website at www.jkflibrary.org. Deadlines are various.
KENTON FRINEDS OF YOUTH
The Kenton Friends of Youth offers various grants with a variety of requirements. Applications
are in the Career Center or can be downloaded from the (Grants Tab) on their website: www.kentonfriendsofyouth.org. Some are:
• “Robert Filippone Career/Tech Award” – BOCES student Deadline JANUARY 31, 2013.
• “Charlie Wolff Memorial Award” – Struggled to be successful – Deadline JANUARY 31, 2013.
• “Elsie Jepson Educational Award”- Individuals classified by the Committee on Special Education
or are pursing a career in Special Education. Deadline JANUARY 31, 2013.
• “Bill Zenosky Criminal Justice Grant” - The purpose of this educational scholarship is to award
financial assistance to a student who is going into Criminal Justice for $1,000. Deadline is
JANUARY 31, 2013.
THE NATIONAL CO-OP SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The National Commission for Cooperative Education, on behalf of Antioch College, Drexel
University, Johnson & Wales University, Kettering University, C.W. Post Campus of Long Island
University, Northeastern University, Pace University, Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) University
of Cincinnati, University of Toledo and Wentworth Institute of Technology, is pleased to announce and
sponsor this scholarship They will award 200 merit scholarships of $6,000
each, for a total value of $5,000,000.
The criteria are:
• Complete the National Co-op Scholarship Program application including a typed one-page essay
describing why you have chosen to pursue a college cooperative education program.
The application is in the Career Center and can be submitted online by visiting www.co-op.edu. The
deadline is FEBRUARY 15, 2012.
NFIB YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD
The NFIB is offering a $1,000
to a senior who:
• Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit and initiative, such as starting his or her own business,
Consider any endeavors or work experience you have offered as a community service. For example:
babysitting, lawn care, dog walking, tutoring, etc. An officially established business is not a requirement.
For more information and an application go online at www.NFIB.com/YEA. Applications are accepted
from OCTOBER 1st to DECEMBER 17th.
Templeton Press is sponsoring an essay contest that is open to any high school senior who intends
to enroll at an institution of higher learning by the fall of 2103. The contest has no special requirements; it
only asks each entrant to write a thoughtful essay about his or her life’s purpose. Contestants will be
judged solely on the quality of their ideas and their ability to express themselves. Full entry information
can be found at: http://lawsoflifecontest.com/. The contest carries prizes ranging from $1,000
up to $5,000
and it runs through DECEMBER 31, 2012.
WASHINGTON CROSSING FOUNDATION
National Scholarships are available for seniors from $1,000
• Government or military service in you future?
For an application visit the web site at www.gwcf.org or call 215-949-8841. Deadline is JANUARY 15,
INFORAMATION IN COLLEGE FILE AT CAREER CENTER
(Must apply to college in order to obtain scholarship)
Alfred University – Lelia E. Tupper Writing – deadline March 31st Keuka College – Community Achievement Award – from September to January Ithaca College – Parks Scholar Award – deadline Jan. 15th - Martin Luther King Jr. Scholar Program – deadline Jan. 15th Julliard – The Ziegle Scholarship Fund – residences of Eire and other counties.
GPA – 4 –Point Scale
TA no.79 DSC Measurement of Pharmaceuticals 2007.9 － Crystal polymorphism and crystallinity － In this brief, we measure Carbamazepine, an an-Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) has been tiepileptic drug, and ursodeoxycholic acid, a chol-added as a general testing method to the Japanese eretic drug, to ascertain the differences of crystal Pharmacopoeia and is widely used to eva
Aprendendo a Render-se Brian Kocourek A Doutrina de Cristo – Brian Kocourek A Doutrina de Cristo Nº. 28 Jesus era dependente do Pai para restaurar Sua glória. João 17:5 Ó Pai, glorifica-Me junto de Ti mesmo, com aquela glória que Eu tinha Contigo antes Jesus tinha deixado de lado a posição que Ele tinha com o Pai antes da fundação do mundo, e Ele desejava t