Microsoft word - evaluation criteria_rev
Butterfly Lash Solutions’ Eyelash Extension Evaluation Theory Exam
1. What is used to bond the eyelash extensions to the natural lashes?
a. A water based adhesive that bonds the lashes for at least 6 months, with no refills
b. Hair extension glue, which can also be used effectively with the lashes.
c. A cyanoacrylate based adhesive with a bonding power of 4 to 8 weeks. It is
humidity and temperature sensitive – bottle needs to be kept at room temperatureaway from the light. The adhesive is made for lashes only and should never get into
the eyes or on the skin as it is a membrane irritant. If it gets into the eyes, thetechnician needs to rinse the eye with a saline solution and send their clients to get
2. What are signs that the adhesive should be replaced?
a. It has been over 3 months since the purchase date of the adhesive
b. The colors are beginning to separate into black, clear, and opaquec. It is thick and gooeyd. It is COMPLETELY DRY inside the bottle
3. What causes eyelash extensions to fall off in large amounts within a time span of 2
a. Oil based products are used around the eye area
b. Rubbing the lashes and/or pul ing at the lashesc. Playing with the lashes
4. A client has a reaction to your eyelash extension service following the procedure. Her
eyes are swollen shut and she calls you for help, what do you do?
a. Panic. Then call Butterfly Lash Solutions, claiming that the adhesive was the problem
b. Have the client call her physician immediatelyc. Have the client take Benadryl immediately to calm the reaction, breathe, and assess
the situation. Did I fol ow all sanitation procedures? Did I check beforehandwhether she had any allergies or contraindications? Did I apply the lashes too closeto the skin? In any situation, have the client take a Benadryl. Explain that she is
having an allergic reaction and that you prefer not to remove the extensions beingthat she is already reacting to something and you don’t want to use yet another
product. Reassure her that the reaction wil subside and that the lashes wil fall outnatural y. If she stil insists, have her take a Benadryl and remove the lashesaccordingly, but most clients, once explained, understand and wil agree not to have
5. Which of the following best describes the styles, curls, lengths and thicknesses of
Butterfly Lash Solutions’ LASHES?
a. Lashes are available in 4 curls and 4 thicknesses: J, B, C and D Curl, and in the
fol owing thickness: 0.10, 0.15, 0.20 and 0.25mm
b. Colored lashes are also availablec. Faux-Mink Lashes are popular for their comfort level, darker, softer and lighter in
6. Butterfly Lash Solutions’ eyelash extension adhesives can be stored in the car, in high
heat, near a window, or left outside between services. They also do not expire for 3
months after purchase.
7. Qualities of a great full set or refill include: spaces between the lashes, uneven shape,
and incredibly thick lashes applied to frail and thin lashes.
8. Eyelash Extensions should be applied as follows:
a. Touching the lids of the clientb. Leaving a minimum of 1 to 2mm from the lash line of the client.
c. Anywhere near the eye area
9. How long do lash extensions last? When applied properly, lash extensions can last
indefinitely as long as you come in for fills every 3 to 4 weeks. This is required as your
natural lashes shed; therefore it is necessary to fill in any new growth. When you
come in for regular touch ups, you should normally have at least 50% to 75% of your
eyelash extensions still attached.
10. Eyelash Extensions should be applied as follows:
a. One synthetic to one natural lash at a time.
b. One synthetic on more than one natural lash at a timec. More than one synthetic lash can be applied to one natural lash
11. A Full Set should always contain at least 80 to 100 lashes per eye. With regular fills, an
average client leaves with 80 to 100 lashes per eye.
12. Once I practice and develop the necessary skills to be an excellent lash technician, it
should take me less than 2 to 2 ½ hours to apply 80-100 lashes per eye.
13. How long do fills/touch ups usually take and how often does a client need to come in
for them? Appointments should be approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Clients
should come in every 3 to 4 weeks for a fill.
14. What percentage of lashes typically remains on my clients if they come for fills
regularly (every 3 weeks)? They should have at least 50% or more lashes remaining
when coming in for a fill.
15. Individual Faux-Mink lashes are light, flexible and soft. They come in “trays”, lined up
in a row. You can get individual sizes or mixed trays.
16. The most common lash diameter/thickness used is 0.15mm. If I use 0.20mm or
0.25mm diameter lashes on most clients, this will ruin their natural lashes over time
since these are too thick and heavy. The majority of clients use .15mm and .10mm
diameter/thickness since the diameter/density/thickness is to be matched to their
natural lashes. For example if their natural lash is 0.10 mm in thickness, I should apply
a 0.10 mm in thickness.
17. Most common lengths are 8-12 mm long. Length choice is never to exceed 50% above
the client’s natural lash. 99% of the time, clients prefer 20 to 30% longer than their
18. How do I care for eyelash extensions? Eyelash extensions need minimal care. Avoid
excessive rubbing, waterproof mascaras, oil based cleansers, oil based lotions or
make-up removers, as these will loosen the adhesive and shorten the life of your
extensions. Use a micro-brush to fully clean the eyeliner around the eye. We
recommend using Butterfly Lash Solutions’ PAPILLON Essential Kit: 1) PAPILLON Oil-
Free Cleanser, 2) PAPILLON Lash Serum and 3) PAPILLON Nourishing Sealer. These
products will clean, protect and extend the life of your extensions while also
nourishing your natural lashes.
19. An “Essential Kit”, which includes Butterfly Lash Solutions’ PAPILLON Cleanser,
Nourishing Sealer and Lash Serum would benefit my clients as well as increase my
20. Butterfly Lash Solutions’ PAPILLON Eye Cleanser does the following: It removes any
unwanted dirt, oil and other particles from the lashes. It is 100% oil-free. It will
ensure that their lashes are always clean. Many clients who get lashes assume that “if
they don’t touch them, wet them, or wash them that they will last longer”.
FALSE!!.it is quite the opposite. Your client should wash/cleanse their eyes with an
oil-free cleanser daily, if not at least 2-3 times a week to prevent Blepharatis and other
issues. Eyelash follicles can become blocked if the lashes are not cleaned as the
sebum (oil, dead skin cells and bacteria) on the eyelid block up the natural lash follicle.
This can all be prevented with good hygiene. Tell your clients to wash their eyes in the
shower. They can apply a cleanser with their fingertips. It is primarily a hygiene
requirement, not just a way to remove makeup.
21. Butterfly Lash Solutions’ PAPILLON Lash Serum has the following benefits:
nourishes your natural lashes enabling them to grow thicker, darker and longer. It
transforms frail and brittle lashes. Brush the lash serum onto the root of clean lashes
or brows in the same manner as if applying eyeliner, while avoiding the eye area. Full
results can take 2-3 months. It is important for lash clients as it will keep their natural
lashes strong and healthy so that they can continue coming back for fills indefinitely.
22. Butterfly Lash Solutions PAPILLON Nourishing Sealer does as follows: It is a coating
agent that protects extended lashes from moisture and oil. It should be applied daily
and extends the lifetime of the eyelash extensions, while nourishing their natural
23. How would you describe your lash work? I would describe my work as very clean,
precise, and beautifully designed. This means that the individual lashes are not stuck
together and feel comfortable. I mix up sizes and curls to most mimic natural lashes.
My clients’ closest friends cannot usually tell they are fake lashes! My studio and
work area should appear neat and sanitary as well as myself
In-Class Hands-on Training
Perfect technique and safety is our focus during class. We want students to be able to
demonstrate that they comprehend the key concepts and that they can perform the
Before Applicationi) verification of client’s eyes and eyelashes without extensions to ensure that she/he is a goodcandidate for lash extensionsii) verification that the consent form is reviewed and signediii) Verification that all rules of safety and hygiene are met.
During Applicationi) Verification of proper application of eye gel pads and medical 3M tape to ensure safetyii) Verification that the proper size of extension is selected (density and length) for client’s lashesand lash designiii) Verification that the upper lids are frequently lifted to ensure that the lower lashes aren’t beingcaught in the adhesiveiv) Verification that student checks their work periodically to make sure lashes are perfectlybonded and that the student is able to successfully make corrections when needed (separate lashesthat have accidentally stuck together, etc.).
After Applicationi) Verification of proper sequence and placement of eyelash extensions.
ii) Ensure that the extensions were placed properly on top of the natural lash, that they were nottoo close to the skin (leaving at least 1 to 2 mm from the hair follicle and eyelids) and that theadhesive did not come in contact with the skin.
[email protected] DUPONT REPORTS FIRST QUARTER 2003 EARNINGS • First quarter 2003 earnings, before special items and cumulative effect of changes in accounting principles, were $.61 per share compared with first quarter 2002 earnings of $.55, up 11 percent. • First quarter 2003 income before cumulative effect of changes in accounting principles was
5. DISCUSSION 5.1 c-DNA We found that the affinity of some of the native or heavy atom modified oligonucleotides for their complementary sequence in the T. thermophilus 16S rRNA is very high (Table 1). This result agrees with previous studies which showed that some regions of the 16S rRNA from E. coli are accessible for the binding of short cDNA oligonucleodites (Oakes et al., 19